Thursday, May 24, 2007

Betty Dylan on Coverfreak

Junk Drawer
Hey kids, it's No Theme Week! Let's get right to it.

Betty Dylan "Brand New Key" (Melanie)
My good friend George Blowfish sent me this one. I had never heard of Betty Dylan before, but I'm a believer now. Great guitar riffing.

The Waco Brothers "The Harder They Come" (Jimmy Cliff)
Turning reggae songs into two-fisted rockers is a Good Thing.

Big Daddy "Graceland" (Paul Simon)
I first heard of Big Daddy when they covered "Eye of the Tiger" as a doo-wop tune. Uncle Flakey turned me on to this one and I think the song works much better with the faux Elvis arrangement

The Lost Prophets "Cry Me A River" (Justin Timberlake)
Being an old fart, Justin Timberlake was pretty much off my radar until "Dick In A Box" became unavoidable. You'll need to stick with this one for a minute or two. It starts out sounding much like the original, but then the guitars come roaring in.

Ben Folds Five "She Don't Use Jelly" (Flaming Lips)
I just can't resist a good cha-cha. It's a deep-seated character flaw.
Posted on Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 8:46 AM
http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:P8GUhm7nA9sJ:www.coverfreak.com/archives/2007_03.html+%22betty+dylan%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=34&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home